What Santa Sophia is doing during this crisis:
- The church will remain open during the day for those who would like to visit and pray, please use the side door by kiosk.
- We will have adoration every day except Saturday, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, as well as Wednesday’s from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. We may not be able to celebrate Mass, but Christ is still present among us in the Blessed Sacrament, so I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity and take some time to be with the Lord to pray for peace and healing.
- Father Devdas will hear Confession as usual on Wednesday’s from 5:00 to 6:00 pm, or by appointment.
- We will continue to celebrate Sacraments such as Anointing of the sick, weddings, funerals, etc., please call the parish office, it remains open M-F. 619-463-6629.
- We will be providing a packet online at www.santasophia.org with resources such as daily Mass readings, reflections and prayers. These resources will help you to remain prayerful during this time of hardship. We hope to have this up and running soon.
- As Father mentioned, the parish office will continue to remain open to serve our community, the expense of running the office and maintaining the facility will remain the same. Therefore, I request you to continue to make your contribution to church, you can either mail your envelope to us or drop it of at the parish office or sign up for egiving. www.santasophia.org Our Mailing address is 9800 San Juan Street, Spring Valley, CA 91977.
- Please continue to check our parish website for updates, weekly bulletin and news from the parish and diocese.
Diocesan Directives in Light of the Government Directives Regarding the Coronavirus
Bishop McElroy on Behalf of the Diocese has issued these directives in the church’s effort to do our part along with the rest of society in keeping as many people as possible healthy and safe in light of the Coronavirus:
Effective Monday morning, March 16, there will be no Weekend or Daily Masses until further notice. All of these Diocesan and Parish Directives are open-ended with no ending date, and will be evaluated regularly as we move into the future.
All Catholics in the Diocese of San Diego are dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during the coming weeks.
All Parish and Diocesan Schools and Religious Education Programs will be suspended effective this Monday, March 16.
All Lenten Communal Penance Services in the Diocese are cancelled.
Weddings and Funerals will be celebrated.