High school teens, beginning in grade 9, who have been baptized, celebrated their First Reconciliation and First Eucharist and have at least one full year of previous Religious Education or have been enrolled in Catholic School, can prepare for Confirmation. Confirmation is a two-year academic process.
CONFIRMATION YEAR 1
SERIES NAME: FATHER MCBRIDE’S TEEN CATECHISM
PUBLISHER: OUR SUNDAY VISITOR
- Our Level 1 text is: TEEN CATECHISM, the text is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- The catechism is divided into four pillars, each one of which draws us to a living, conscious and active faith in Jesus Christ:
- I. The Creed Our Faith Professed
- II. The Sacraments Our Faith Celebrated
- III. Morality Our Faith Lived
- IV. Prayer The Deepening of our Faith at All Levels
- Young people are only at the beginning of a lifelong faith journey, they have many stages of faith growth ahead of them and this is but one step in that enriching process.
CONFIRMATION YEAR 2
SERIES NAME: CONFIRMED IN THE SPIRIT
PUBLISHER: LOYOLA PRESS
The second year Confirmation text is “CONFIRMED IN THE SPIRIT” along with “My Confirmation Journal”. Each chapter of “Confirmed in the Spirit” utilizes a four-step plan.
- Engage – each chapter begins by engaging young people with a thought -provoking, theme related question they can respond to by thinking about their own experience.
- Explore – young people are exposed to scripture that relates to the chapter content.
- Reflect – they are guided to actively engage in prayer.
- Respond – They review, discuss, and extend important chapter concepts and vocabulary.Candidates are given opportunity to write in their journals.
“My Confirmation Journal” is a safe place where candidates can record their thoughts and feelings throughout last year journey of Confirmation. They will not turn in their journals and they will not be read by anyone else.