POSITION TITLE: Business Manager
REPORTS TO: Pastor
HOURS: Part time, 19 hours per week
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Santa Sophia Catholic Church seeks a part time business manager. We are a Roman Catholic community with approximately 1,500 registered families located in Spring Valley, CA.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION:
This position provides the operational infrastructure which supports the parish community. It assumes administrative and operational responsibility for the parish, in particular the areas of finance, operations, human resources, communication and planning, in concert with the pastor. The Business Manager exercises insight and responsibility over every administrative aspect of the parish and facilitates implementation of administrative priorities consistent with parish goals.
General Administrative and Office Management
- Provide guidance and supervision of office staff
- Coordinate all administrative and business activities of the parish, religious education, youth ministry, and other parish entities with regards to human resources, e.g. salaries, personnel policies, etc.
- Provide administrative, purchasing and general support to ministry staff
- Collaborate with diocesan human resources for policy interpretation, leaves of absence and general support
- Manage computer system needs and requirements
- Manage maintenance of and training on church database software, i.e. Parish Data System (PDS) and Flocknote
- Manage safe environment records and background checks for all employees and volunteers
- Collaborates with experienced parish bookkeeper to provide management of all aspects of parish financial functions to include but not limited to payroll, accounts receivable/payable, budgeting, collection, offertory increase and capital campaigns
- Collaborates with the bookkeeper for the management of both parish and diocesan fund drives
- Collaborate with diocese on financial matters, including contracts and civil affairs
- Oversee the management of parish facilities (maintaining insurance coverage, etc.)
- Oversee three-person maintenance staff in all aspects in the care, maintenance, and replacement of all parish buildings, and equipment, including the securing of bids, the negotiating of contracts, and the purchasing of supplies and equipment
- Supervise all arrangements and contracts with outside contractors
- Coordinate special needs of renters with parish maintenance staff
- Assist maintenance staff in administrative and financial matters
- Attend all pastoral, finance council and office staff meetings
- Respond to the administrative needs of all committees
- Attend diocesan Business Managers’ meetings and webinars
- Act as point person for inquiries on parish business and administrative matters
- Be a catalyst for cooperation and good business relationships among all parish entities
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and familiarity of the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Maintain spiritual influence and presence in overall administrative activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge and/or Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, management, finance, human resources, or related field.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient in use of QuickBooks
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with federal and state employment laws
- Ability to manage information technology needs
- Ability to learn and train staff in various aspects of their job including computer programs
- Successfully complete Diocesan Safe Environment Program requirements
- Practicing Catholic
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferable
- 5 years successful work experience managing a business enterprise.
- Leadership role office management and administration
- Proven managerial/supervisory strength
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com