Santa Sophia Date Night for Couples
Couples Date Night Timing/Dates: Second Saturday of the Month 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (after Mass)
- May 13 – DATE #2: MARRIAGE IS… explains what we believe about marriage as Catholics.
- June 17 – DATE #3: WHAT KEEPS YOU TOGETHER? Suggests that it is the goodness they see in each other that keeps husband and wife together. In other words, it is the ability to see God’s image in one another.
- July 8 – DATE #4: SOCIAL NIGHT: Couples get together for potluck dinner and recruitment for Love Circles.
- August 12 – DATE #5: WHAT ABOUT ME? Addresses the problem of selfishness in marriage.
- September 9 – DATE #6: THE BLUEPRINT OF LOVE… suggests that to overcome selfishness we need to learn to love as Christ loves. The key attributes of Christ’s love are: acceptance, commitment, sacrifice, forgiveness, healing and service.
- October 14 – DATE #7: WHERE DO I FIND THE COURAGE? Reminds us that learning to love like Christ loves is difficult. Prayer and God’s grace can help us endure the challenges we encounter in our married life.
- November 11 – COUPLES PRAYER AND SOCIAL NIGHT: Couples get together for Eucharistic adoration, potluck dinner and recruitment for Love Circles.